Monday, July 11, 2011

Friend of a Farmer

Sunday brunch is my favorite meal of the entire week and it is something that I look forward to beginning on Monday morning.

Yesterday for brunch I discovered a country cafe right in the middle of New York City!  




Friend of a Farmer, located on Irving Place btw 18th and 19th streets, will make you feel like you've gone to an upstate country home for the weekend without ever having to leave the city.  The atmosphere at Friend of a Farmer is warm and inviting and it is the perfect compliment to their delicious food.


You know that for me size matters when it comes to food portions and that is half the reason why I love brunch so much. Brunch is an excuse to eat 2 meals at once without feeling guilty!!! 

Friend of a Farmer does not disappoint when it comes to size and yesterday I started my meal with a hearty slice of Zucchini Bread and Strawberry Jam.


The crust on the bread was crisp and sweet and the inside was soft and savory.  This zucchini bread was almost amazing enough that I didn't need a meal...ALMOST...

For brunch I ordered the Healthy Farmer's Omelette.


This huge egg white omelette was filled with salty feta cheese, juicy cherry tomatoes, and sauteed spinach and was served in a sizzling skillet with onions and home fries.  I actually requested to substitute green for the potatoes but my lovely waitress decided to give me both! YIPPEE!!!  


My bright green salad was served with a delicious and light roasted red pepper vinaigrette.

Friend of a Farmer doesn't take reservations for Sunday brunch so make sure to get there a bit early since the line can get quite long.  TRUST ME, it is worth the wait! (and when it's hot outside a waitress will bring you a glass of water while you stand in line)

I chose to order a healthy omelette to balance the zucchini bread that looked so delicious that I just HAD to try it.  However, I glanced at the table next to mine and the Farmer's Special Sandwich and Mac and Cheese both looked TO DIE FOR! The sandwich was a gigantic open faced grilled cheese and tomato sandwich while the mac and cheese looked oh-so-creamy because it was made with 4 cheeses and bacon!  I think next Sunday might need to be a splurge day...

No comments:

Post a Comment